Some of you may recognize this song from the movie "Fireproof", which is about marriage. However, it's a song with an all-purpose message! God gave me this song last summer when we had just begun our adoption process, and I knew it would be posting it here eventually. So far we have been waiting to bring Caylie home for over 7 1/2 months. We received her file from our agency on July 18, 2012. Although we don't know the day that we will finally hold our sweet girl in our arms, God does know, and that day will not be a day too late!
In the mean time, we want to be faithful to keep our eyes on Jesus as we wait for that day. God is not - and never is - in waiting mode. He's never wondering what to do because things are not progressing as He planned. He's never wringing His hands and saying "Oh dear. What will the Altmans do now?" His plans stand firm! He is Creator and Sustainer of his universe! Why would I ever doubt His sovereignty or worry about things happening in "my" timing??
We so want and need to WORSHIP Him while we are waiting. We want and need to SERVE HIM while we are waiting. We will run the race, even while we wait.
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord
I used that song for our adoption video last time. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://grtlyblesd.blogspot.com/p/hannah.html First vid at the top.