kids

kids

Sunday, August 12, 2012

She Has a Name!

Hi all,

Thanks for following along on our journey.  We are so grateful for the encouraging comments and prayers, and most of all for friends who believe with us that God can do awesome things!

We've finally decided on a name for our sweet little girl.  She will be Caylie Jiu Chang.  Jiu Chang is her Chinese name, and we will leave it as her middle name.  She may want to use it in the future; we will leave that up to her.  (Jiu is pronounced "geo", but run the e and the o together quickly.  Chang has an "ah" sound, instead of a.)  I am a little leary of posting her current surname in a public place, so I think I will wait awhile on that.  But it is the name given to all of the children in her orphanage; and is the first part of the city name in which she lives.  I think that is so sad, not to have an actual family name.  We can't wait to give her a forever family with us!

We have scheduled the dates of our home study visits and continue to gather documents for our dossier.  We are excited to see things coming together!  Please continue to pray that this process would go smoothly and that papers and documents would be taken care of in a timely manner.  Please pray with us, as well, that God would supply the finances for each step of this journey.  We know that He is faithful in what He has called us to!

On Saturday the boys and I went to our adoption agency's annual picnic.  It was fun to see so many families with their children who had been adopted from China and Korea.  I kept thinking of NEXT summer when we will have our Caylie with us, as well!  Saturday was the also the day of Jim's very last EMBA class.  He will be graduating this week.  We are proud of him!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is very exciting!! I can't wait to see the photo's of your family next summer, and to hear all of the ways GOD provided and added to your joy!!! I will be praying....although God already has it all under control!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya! So exciting! Forward progress is always the best! !! God is Great and will continue to work favors for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i totally meant to ask you of you had a name when i saw you this morning...that is great!

    ReplyDelete